Episode 49 Will This Work? (A 100-Word Novel)

The other day, a friend asked me: "Do you write novel?"

Me: "What scene?"
Him: "Love. Doubt. Courage."
Me: "Any other constraints?"
Him: "100 words. Exact."

So here you go.

This novel is dedicated to the people who are unsure about love, or people who are unsure whether their personal passion can turn into a career. 

*********

Will This Work

You ask me
Will this work
You think a lot

Nine years apart
Well my mom is ninety, healthy
Genetically
My life’ll be lengthy

You’ve young kids to take care
Well you have three side projects
Holding your heart tight
Keeping you up at night

You don’t speak Chinese
You’ll never speak to my heart
Well you sure Ma
Chi Fan Le Ma
Ni Ai Wo Ma

Oh God
You are a lot
Well if I am not
You are already bored

So
Will this work
If you want it to

Same to everything
That you’re putting your heart into


*********
Dear friend, thank you for your attention, as always. 
May the force be with you.
May you have the courage to love, to try, to not let go of your passion.

Comments