Episode 55 The One Effort

You may question, there are already a ton of inspirational books, blogs, all over the place. Why are people still writing them?

I also have the same doubt: Why am I still writing them? Is it really worth the time putting my realizations in life into words to share?

Well. Yes.

Let me ask you some other questions: why do we have weekends every week? why do we sleep every day? Because resting is not some one-dose-good-for-the-rest-of-your-life thing. So is motivation.

I write them because I need them, and they work for me, for my dreams, right at this moment. And if sharing these words will benefit at least one person, my effort will be worth it.

*** 1 ***


Last week, I watched a video. It's about an extremely obese person, Brian, met a girl, Jackie, in an online video game, and became friends, very close friends. Eventually this girl got to know his weight, about 600 lbs. And how a one sentence that this girl said has made him lost 390 lbs in a year.

"She changed my life. She saved my life."

*** 2 ***

"You changed my life."

Is a pretty significant statement. But in his case, she indeed did. And she is just one of the ordinary people in the world.

I had a reflection on that.

It doesn't take a significant person to change your life. What "a life changing experience" takes, is you make a big deal out of what happened to you. (Yes, I know.. for someone like me who is emotional, intense, dramatic, is pretty good at making a big deal out of things..)

Ok. I was not actually joking.

----- Would you please take a moment and reflect, who would you say "You have changed my life." Hold on to that thought. -----

So, what actually changed your life, is not what other people do for you, or to you, but what you yourself reflect, and do to your life, after some inspirations or interactions from other people. Does that make sense to your experience?

Your life is in your efforts.

Life is not easy. Of course, every now and then, we get tired, frustrated, disappointed. We need people to be there for us, to do simple things like having a meal together or giving us a hug when it's most needed. But what actually would help, is what we do after we gained the strength back.

*** 3 ***

This past weekend, I read an amazing book, The ONE Thing by Gary Keller.
I wrote down and shared with friends so many thoughts and quotes from this book. The key concepts are:

  • Be very clear about what is ONE thing that you want to do with your life?
  • In order to achieve that, what is ONE thing that you can do In Five Years / This Year / This Month / This Week / Today / RIGHT NOW such that by doing it everything else will be easier or unnecessary?
The key concept is always start from the most important one thing. It is Priority, not Priorities.

It doesn't mean you only do one thing in your life; it doesn't mean you alway excel at managing your energy everyday. It's about the clarity of mind - when you are disoriented, come back to this ONE thing and restart.





*** 4 ***


So what is the ONE Thing that you want to invest your efforts of life time?
And what is ONE Thing that you can do today?

There are many important things. But there is always, by definition, only one most important thing. And we should start from there.


Thank you for reading, my friends. I hope strength and hope be with you.


Comments

  1. Love your blog! Thank you for sharing your amazing life stories. :))

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Yawen! I appreciate your kind comment :)

      Delete

Post a Comment